…also known as Draft 0 or the vomit draft in the writing community, has been completed for Cybe.
Thoughts in Random order:
- It is just shy of 50K.
- I found my ending.
- I need to go back and find the rest of my story and clean it up.
- I need to cull my list of characters
- In culling characters I will be knocking out some subplots
- Next Draft will be a complete re-write of everything. I ‘might’ be able to save some material from this draft.
- I’m okay with the complete re-write. It needs to be done.
- I still love the idea.
- If I had to sum it up, I would tell you it is a Cyberpunk story about Amy, who in running away from her Mob boss father, and discovers she’s got great natural talents for tech. There are also Zombies and a love story involved.
- 10. I think I need to get better at the one sentence pitch of my book.
- 11. I am going to be spending the next couple of weeks just rooting through the old draft to come up with a plan for the new one.
- 12. This too does not scare me.
- 13. Did I mention I am still in love with this idea? If not more so now that I have a better idea of what will work plot wise and what won’t.
- 14. I plan on taking my time more with this draft. Writing each scene with meaning, not just to get to the next scene.
List of inspirations (which will continue to grow):
- White Cat and Red Glove by Holly Black
- Divergent by: Veronica Roth
- Fountain of Age by Nancy Kress
- Possession by: Elana Johnson
- The Fifth Element
- One Republic
- Uglies by: Scott Westerfield
Love List for this Book (which will continue to grow):
- Purple Hair
- Blue Eyes
- Family ties
- Mob Bosses
- Future Tech