Things I’ve noticed since starting running
- Distractions, distractions, distractions. If you don’t have them 5 minutes is SOOOOOO long to be looking at your watch pulling through.
- Other people at the gym may not be as amused by my announcement that the ZOMBIES ARE COMING! to signify run time. Doesn’t matter. I still let them know.
- 5 minutes of running will eventually be so last week. This week it is challenging.
- 2 minutes of running was so 3 weeks ago. I kick yourass!!
- My breathing in general has improved. I am more likely to breathe through my nose. I have been for most of my life a perpetual mouth breather. Down with the mouth breathing.
- Self talk. Try to do this in your head, rather than screaming it on the treadmill at the gym. (not that I do that. *SMILES*)
- I kind of like running on a treadmill more than outside. It forces me to push myself more by keeping a consistent rate of running. (See point bellow about running outside. )
- Yes I have tried running outside. I’m like a horse out of gate, wanting to sprint the entire way. Until I can’t. And then it sucks. (see point above about treadmills keeping me consistent).
- Proper running gear is DABOMB. Also I like flexibility in my bras as opposed to a chastity-belt-though-shall-not-move bras.
- Silly muscles telling me they can’t go any further. YES YOU CAN!
- Silly lungs gasping for air. TRY HARDER!
- Silly beat red face dripping sweat. MEANS I AM ROCKING IT!
- I like having run, not the actually process of running.
- It may be the running or the Razor8 (which I drink in a before/during/after fashion) or a combo of both, but man to I feel like I have enough energy to race a freight train afterwards. Except I am done running. DONE! (see point above about having run)
- Eventually the scale will start going down right? Because I am building muscle now right? Because I am eating healthier (mostly). GO DOWN SCALE!
- My ass is looking FINE!
- I like exclamation marks!
- I feel more awesome!