My rating: 4 of 5 stars
This book starts off with some awesome sexual tension, and then progresses into the shit happens and keeps happening field.
5 Things I liked about this book:
1) Character growth – there is a lovely character arc realization for Kaleb. He goes from reactive to taking charge, and he goes from being a bit of a dick to being the type a guy a girl might respect herself for dating.
2) Love Story – there are kissing bits. I love kissing bits.
3) Shit happens – man does shit ever happen. The plot just keeps thickening and it is kind of awesome.
4) Lilly – I adored her. She had sass and lady balls.
5) Atmosphere – there are a lot of great old timey kind of buildings and I’m big on this.
A Few things this book is not:
This book is not the lovely crafted prose of Laini Taylor or Maggie Steifvater. My two favoritest authors ever now. Sorry. It just isn’t. And that is not to say that this isn’t a great book, it just didn’t fill the void left behind by those two authors in the way that I needed it to. However, by the end I loved it for what it was and was very excited to see what happened next.
This would be a 7/10 for me so a goodreads translation to 4/5